Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My friend A would just die if he saw one of these

Ancient snake was as long as a bus: Reptile slithered about South America's rainforests 60 million years ago

He has ophidiophobia (fear of snakes), which like all phobias, seems, well, irrational by definition. But if I encountered one of these out foraging for food, I think it would scare the daylights out of me, too, for I am a slow morsel and probably quite tasty. Fortunately this behemoth is thought to have been an aquatic snake that came out occasionally to bask.

YKWIA, be sure to show A the picture after following the link to the story.

Okay, I have supped and quaffed after working eleven hours. I am going to bed until A calls me for a ride. :)

No comments: