Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 07, 2009

This just isn't my day

I went through some recent mail in my inbox to see if the W-2s might be there, and discovered a Kentucky Utilities disconnect notice with a final payment dated for yesterday. Their customer service line isn't open on weekends, so all I can hope for is to have power until Monday and then call first thing in the morning to make a payment arrangement, because it's a big bill (they won't make a payment arrangement once it's disconnected, and this week is my rent paycheque--I can't afford to pay this). The strange thing is I didn't receive the original bill--trust me, I would remember a bill for $121--that's huge for my apartment, which usually runs $40, and it wasn't in with the other stuff. And it wasn't a double bill for that amount. Maybe the ice storm issues led the mail to go astray. We didn't get service for a couple of days. Hopefully the technicians are still dealing with the fallout from the storm so they're not readily availble for turning off people over the weekend. I so should have opened this when I got it, but it was late and I assumed it was a regular bill because I'd made a payment on 1/19, so I figured I'd open it the next day, then forgot. Argh.

I am so tired of being behind on things. I just can't seem to get ahead.

No comments: