Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I had to drive home with the car door open again

even though I sprayed WD-40 in it and waited awhile. It is highly annoying, but the car is 14 years old with over 260,000 miles, so I guess it's to be expected. I'll be happy when the warmer weather comes; it only does this when it's very, very cold, like the 20 degrees out there now.

Today I slept until almost 1:30 pm, took a bath (making sure not to get my ears wet), and blogged for awhile before going over to a friend's house. Now I'm home and I just made tapioca pudding (it's chilling). I'll eat some in a little while. I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to bed, blog for awhile, do surveys for an online class I'm taking, watch an episode or two of 'Heroes', or do my taxes. Blogging is winning for now, so I'll check my RSS feeds to see if anything particularly blog-worthy has made it in there.

PS When I went to write the name of the chemical, I accidentally wrote 'WS-40' which is funny because WS it the National Library of Medicine's classification notation for paediatrics, and I use it a lot since I have a paediatric orthopaedic library. There is no WS 40, but WS 39 covers handbooks related to paediatrics. Okay, I guess the librarian/cataloguing humour is probably lost on most people, but it was a slip that made a bit of sense to me after I read it.

I must say, subscribing to my own blog in Google Reader helps me catch these little typos or more grievous errors.

No comments: