Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

So tired

An 11-hour workday plus running errands before work after staying up late, so a total of five hours' sleep, does not make for an energetic Rabid Librarian. It's like night and day with Sunday, after I got so much rest on Saturday.

I did stop by Kroger during the morning errand run and bought a couple of cyclamen plants. They're variegated with pretty pink flowers. I really wanted to get some beautiful (and fragrant) gold and orange freesias, but they were $20 a pot and I couldn't justify that. The cyclamen are smaller (and cheaper), but between the bright flowers and the bright wrappers they came in, they've dressed my desk nicely.

My boss at the gas station paid for our supper tonight out of appreciation where I'd been working so many extra hours and the guy I was working with was coming over from another store. We had Subway. I had a footlong, something I haven't done in quite awhile, tuna on Italian herbs and cheese bread, with veggies, spicy mustard, and oregano. Yummy. :)

Then there were the notes to do, and of course, the nightly taxi service. Now I'm home. Cerys ran over my foot with her claws on the way outside. Ouch. I really need to get her nails clipped, and I have the money right now, but I'm weighing it against the upcoming tax bill.

Hope your work week started out well.

No comments: