Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Yay!

The case was dismissed, which is good, as I paid them three months ago. Apparently in this case, it would have been fine so long as I paid right up to court. It just depends on the judge and prosecutor you get, though. There's only one cheque I didn't pay off before going to court, because I couldn't afford to at the time, but I have more than one of these on my record.

At least now I can look at getting the dismissed cases off my record. Unfortunately I can't do anything about the actual convictions, from what I can tell.

Oh well. I'm a criminal, but just a petty one at least. I saw a lot of people in jail and out today who were facing felonies and some pretty serious misdemeanours, too. I definitely want to stay on the good side of the law from now on.

No comments: