Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am happy to report

that my computer is back, after several months. Back in August it was struck by lightning and the motherboard fried. I made do with an older loaner, but it's good to have mine back. It's a slightly faster processor now, too, and the CD burner has been upgraded to a DVD. John and my mom brought it up this afternoon. He was able to restore everything on the drive, too, so all is not lost. The first thing I did was go out and buy a proper surge protector with battery backup. (I did have it on an older surge protector, but it apparently wasn't enough.)

The other good thing is that I have a project that involves taking old data on floppies and an older hard drive and burn them on backup CDs, and I should be able to do that with mine.

I don't know if there was something computer-specific causing the Blogger problem or if it was on their end, so it could have been the switching of the computers or it could have been pure coincidence. But what matters is that I can blog again.

Apparently job issues are following my family. I told my mom that the job at the public library fell through. My mom is no longer with the nursing home where she was working. I'm not sure why, although John said they screwed her over. So she's looking for a new job, even here in Lexington (they live about 45 minutes to an hour away from here).

And they were on their way back to visit John's mom in the hospital. She's going to be put in a nursing home for a short time. She has a lot of health issues, including diabetes, just like the rest of us.

Okay, time for some of Margaret's Amish Friendship Bread and then checking on Cerys and then I'll be back.

No comments: