Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I can't tell if TurboTax is just evil or if I'm trying to kill the messenger

but it's saying that between state and federal I'm going to owe $800 or so on a salary of $23,000 (with three jobs). It also says on my past return that I made about that much in refunds last year when I actually paid about $200 on both. So I want to know what's going on. I think I'm going to have to get my records directly from the IRS (I have no idea what I've done with them). And I may have to just file an EZ form the old-fashioned way and go from there, because I'm not going to take the word of the free version of the program if it's saying I have to pay that much, nor do I want to pay another tax preparer since my taxes are so straightforward. Maybe I can run it through one of the IRS-approved programs linked from their site. Argh.

No comments: