Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 19, 2007

Yipee! I'm officially a public librarian

slash medical librarian still. I got the job at a nearby county public library. Okay, not the one I interviewed for in December, they gave that to someone else. But...they called me back to interview for a position where I'd be filling in for someone on maternity leave. I had the interview yesterday and I think it went really well. I was interviewed by my co-workers, since it's the supervisor who's going on leave. I don't know my schedule yet beyond the fact that it will be during the day, some evenings, and every 4th Saturday. My boss at the gas station has already said that would be okay. The hospital has been pretty flexible about my hours when I was filling in during the motion lab, so I think that'll work.

It will only be from mid-March to August, and it only pays $11/hour (still better than the gas station gig), but that'll help immensely, plus it gives me reference and public library experience. Woo-hooooooo!

Okay, enough gushing for now. Back to work!

No comments: