Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 05, 2007

Drat

I am almost obsessive about checking to make sure my headlights are on when I drive at night. So it's a bit embarrassing to report that I did, indeed, have just my parking lights on last night as I drove down Cooper Drive from the bright lights of UK's hospital. And of course, when I realised my mistake (seeing only the orange glow on a sign) and rectified it, I instantly had a Lexington police officer pull me over for it. No luck for me. I'm just glad I didn't cause an accident. But the $160 fine is going to hurt, especially now that I'm back to regular hours at the hospital. Plus I have to get an updated insurance card from my mom; I didn't realise we hadn't done that yet. So it may be traffic school again, I'm not sure. It looks like I'm eligible; it's been long enough. Sigh.

:(

Also, it's official: I have the crud (as my doctor put it) and have for two weeks now. It really hasn't been all that bad beyond the blowing my nose a lot and coughing like I'm going to hack up something. He told me to keep on the cold medicine I'd chosen and also put me on a non-narcotic cough medicine that's prescription (narcotics make me a little crazier than normal, and itch like the devil). That should help.

All in all, I'm not having the best 24 hours of my life, and it's raining and grey outside too. But it'll get better, I'm sure.

No comments: