Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Is Armageddon nigh?

No, I'm not talking about the weather that's hit so many people hard through the States (although we've been pleasantly mild with rain changed to cold and flurries ourselves), or the fact that here in Kentucky we've had two train wrecks in two days, or even something in the game, which was on a short hiatus during the holidays. No, I'm referring to a small trend of actually getting home by 8 or 9 pm for three days in a row. Sunday I came home and crashed for twelve hours and felt ever so much able to conquer the workweek. Last night I watched my favourite feel-good movie, The Mummy with Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz (hey, it has an adventurous librarian who nearly destroys the world by reading a book--then saves it--and the library shelving scene was great), ate popcorn, baked pumpkin bread, and generally had a nice night at home. Tonight I came home, wrapped myself up in a comforter in my recliner, and fell asleep after getting all warm and cozy.

Now, the only problem with this is I do have some things to do, like wash dishes and clean up some papers. I think I'll try to do some of that in the morning. Or, maybe this trend can continue. I feel more like myself since I'm getting some rest and having to spend some time alone, something I go out of my way to avoid because being alone sometimes makes me uncomfortable, though I often long for it.

Now, I've eaten some macaroni and chees, yum, and it's time to head to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: