Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I hope my suspicions are wrong

Accelerant found by bed where girl was discovered

But you have to wonder why Christina Woods is dead. I mean, you have a naked 16-year-old in a master bedroom with accelerant around the bed, a stepfather who has been stabbed in the chest and who was the only other person in the house when the fire fighters got there, and lots of questions about what went on in that home. Michael Neace goes before a grand jury on Friday, so we may learn more then. In the meantime the authorities are remaining tight-lipped in there investigation (always a good plan, to be honest).

The thing is, it does seem to fit a pattern. If it wasn't murder, then was it self-defence? If it was self-defence, then why would a 16-year-old girl stab her stepfather? I think this case is going to prove to be a very uncomfortable can of worms. I'm hoping I'm wrong about what happened. But I'm going to watch this one closely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching Christina Wood's name and came across this. I am Christina's cousin and was with her the day before she dies. If it helps any we all beleive it was him and were happy when we found out he was sentence to life in prison.