Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What a way to start your day


  • My lock was frozen on my car door. I got in using one of the other locks, but then couldn't shut my door all the way. So I drove the short way to work holding my door shut. Fortunately it thawed, so I was able to close it when I left it in the parking lot. I'm not sure if I'll have to do that again when I leave, but at least I know running the car for a few minutes will thaw it out, so next time I'll just do that. I have some de-icer somewhere (and even thought it was in the de-icer place), but apparently not.
  • I forgot my phone bill comes out of my bank account on the 17th, so I dipped below zero in my account. Fortunately I should get paid today at the gas station, and I definitely get paid tomorrow at the hospital.
  • I threw up as soon as I got to my desk this morning. Well, I started to and managed to make it to the bathroom. I don't feel sick or anything. I think it was a combination of an antibiotic on an empty stomach and the Provigil which I dropped in my water and then took after a little of the coating had washed off. One of my co-workers, a nurse, checked on me since she heard the vomiting. At least I did have an empty stomach. I've since eaten something to settle things. I only have one of those antibiotics (AVelox) to take, at least.

So how is your day so far?

On a good note, I'm well rested and I have fragrant primroses on my desk. I'm down to two apples and an orange in my fruit bowl. I've definitely been eating the recommended amount of fruit per day between the ones at home and at work. Now if I can just get up to the full eight cups of water per day. I average about four. And apparently it's important to drink 8 when on the Avelox, although I've already had two this morning before I threw up. Oh, well, here's to it getting better from here.

No comments: