Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 21, 2004

Mulling the differences between the book and the movie for Prisoner of Azkaban?

Try: Prisoner of Azkaban: Book vs. Movie Quiz

I still haven't decided how I feel about the movie. Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm not some sort of purist. I understand that movies and books are different media, with different pacing and requirements. Mostly, I could deal with the differences. The new Dumbledore just isn't the Dumbledore I know and love, either in terms of the late Richard Harris or from the books. I'm curious if they ever explained Mooney, Prongs, Padfoot, & Wormtail in some unknown-but-cut scene that we may see on the DVD. I'm mildly annoyed by a few omissions...but the one that really irritated is the misplacing of the Firebolt in time.

Ah, well...see it for yourself and decide.

No comments: