Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 18, 2004

I love these books...

reading: Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Have by Martha Beck and The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want by Cameron Tuttle.

First, there was the wonderfully subversive calendar my boss at the station gave me for the holidays. I wish I could get all of the products, whether book, valentines, journals, whatever. I do have the guide to getting what you want, and it's the perfect thing to read and share when you're having a crummy day. Check out Bad Girl Swirl to free your inner bad girl.

The truly sad thing, though, is that if you read through online reviews at Amazon, the vast majority love it and recognise these books as HUMOUR. Then there are the one or two here and there who seem to have picked it up as a straight self-help kind of book and just don't get it. Sadly, they are probably the ones most desperately in need of connecting to their 'bad' side. :)

No comments: