Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

By the way

I finally brought the last load of stuff from the move out of the car and into the house. It's been what, 2 weeks? :) Oh, well, better late than never. At least my trunk didn't leak. And now guys in the drive-through won't ask me why I have a tyre in my backseat. It seemed like something to do before the end of the holiday/beginning of a new month.

I still haven't figured out what to do about my altar. I had thought about putting it down by the treeline, but after watching the flood last night, I'm thinking...no. I may not go for an actual built altar of stones as usual, since there's no good private place that's safe from possible accidental desecration by the lawn care company that isn't in the flood zone. It really just needs to be a place I can pour libations of wine and honey regularly; there are several trees that might work, or down by the water, although I'm not sure how safe that is. Well, it's something to ponder. Let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments: