Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 12, 2004

I have a big stupid white cat on my shoulder

purring away. The rain has cooled the temps down a bit. My dog is being all cute. I have moved furniture, hung pictures, and generally been productive all day. I have eaten burritos and taken out the trash. I have cleaned the cat box and vacuumed the house. I have typed. I have danced. I have frolicked. There is only one thing to do: take a nap.

But first, I leave you with a bumpersticker I saw earlier today:
Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, and love like you've never been hurt.

I tried to find out the source, but it's apparently a contentious one...I found no less than five attributions, so until I can find a definitive one, I'll leave it as anonymous. Even the quote is presented in different ways; this was the one on the bumpersticker. You've probably seen the quote, but I have to admit, it's a good one for me to remember, given my life.

No comments: