Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 07, 2004

Librarian 'look' coming back

CNN.com - More girls push for modest fashion - Jun 2, 2004

Note the following:
"It's kind of like a sexy take on a librarian," she said. "I think people are tired of seeing so much skin and want to leave a little more to the imagination."


Funny how in our society half-naked women look stupid and women in tweeds look smart, but hey, as someone who cannot wear the current belly-baring fashions (because I care about not burning out the eyes of those around me), I'm all for tweeds. :)

But I agree with the young woman spotlighted in the article--we should have lots of different choices. Everyone's personality is a little different, and most of us see no reason to be slaves to whatever the fashionistas find popular.

No comments: