Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Wow...

So, I entirely missed May and part of June in terms of writing. I really don't want to let this blog die, here in it's 20th year.  But life does get in the way sometimes. 

I've struggled a little with the glucose monitor in terms of getting the sensors to stay on.  Three have stayed the entire time. One stayed on about 15 minutes, one a day, one three days.  The company did send me a couple of replacements gratis and that was great. I need to call again.  But overall, it's been good though, to get feed back to make decisions with.   I've ordered some things to help, like sponge-on adhesive and over patches, and those do help. 

My friend who was in hospice had died, sadly passing this week. But he's out of pain, and that's what matters.  For four years or so he has lived with stage IV colon cancer and prostate cancer.  it's been a long, hard road.  But at least he's at peace now. 

I got to see my aunt and uncle recently.  They flew up from San Antonio to Nashville and then drove up to Ohio, where they used to live, stopping in Kentucky along the way and we got to visit, along with some cousins.  It was ver nice.  I'd taken off work to go down there, and I took my roommate with me. It was nice to get out of town for a few hours, even if it did kick up my allergies. I hadn't left Lexington or been to my hometown, which is an hour away, since my mother died four years ago. 

That's a little of what's been going on. 

No comments: