Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

So

Starting the second round of staying at home for a week. Things I'd like to do differently:
  1. Work on my mental health. Work sent out something from our EAP about a service/app called Whil with all sorts of educational resources for mindfulness, anxiety calming, meditation, and stress release. I went ahead and signed up at work (as it required the work e-mail) and now I'm set. My goal is to spend an hour a day on these. They include video and audio programmes, and it's free with our EAP up to June.
  2. Try to actually read. Again, an hour a day is my goal, whether it's an audiobook, e-book, or physical book.
  3. Finish 'Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance' with my friend on Netflix.
  4. Survive my bread cravings from Pesach/Passover since I can't get something and bring it home until Thursday after sunset.
  5. Do almost no travelling out of the house, with some planning. Today I do have to go out to two pharmacies, one of which is Kroger, so I'll try to do a grocery run in and out at the same time.
  6. Do some writing, whether it's on my blog or other things. Something to keep me from being on Facebook all day and feeling that I accomplished something.
  7. Get my brakes fixed, as my mechanic is only open on weekdays and I'm off. Also, I'd be supporting a local small business.
That's a start, anyway. I'm off through Tuesday before I return to work this time.

No comments: