Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Okay, I sort of did panic

After I blogged, I went to take a friend home from another's, and told them about it. Then I came home, thinking to get started, and just felt overwhelmed by my living room and retreated to the bed and listened to music instead, then went to bed early thinking to get up early, which didn't work at all. Today I had to be over to a friend's house at 10 to take him to an appointment. While he was taking a shower I put together a plan for action. On the way back, I stopped by Kroger to price Rug Doctor machine rentals and cleaner, and to buy some cleaning supplies. He should be out soon, and then I have a few small things to do at his house. After that, the plan is:
  • Saturday
    1. Living Room
    2. Finish Kitchen
    3. Bathroom
  • Sunday
    1. Dining Room
  • Monday
    1. Bedroom
  • Tuesday
    1. Bedroom
    2. Rent Rug Doctor and do floors
  • Wednesday--Inspection!
I'm going to basically start at the entryways of each room and work from there. I should have more time today than any other; that's why I have three rooms on the agenda (and there's not a lot to do in the kitchen). The bedroom is the worst, so it gets two nights. I know I can't get the apartment in great shape, but I'll do what I can. I don't really expect to get rid of much--that's something that's going to take therapy. But I can at least try to get things in their places. The first step is to take the trash from the kitchen trash can out, as well as the recyclables in the kitchen container, to make room for stuff that's going to go into them when I start. I might be able to at least do that till one of my friends calls to be taken home.

No comments: