Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm trying volunteer computing

for Seti@Home (the search for exterrestial intelligent life project) again. There are other projects I can attach to as well. I've gone ahead and signed up for one on Climate Prediction and another called World Community Grid that helps with research on things such as AIDS, Dengue Fever drugs, Cancer, Human Proteome Folding, and African climate. The program uses my processing time, running in the background, along with thousands of other volunteers, to process data. The last computer I had didn't like the BOINC program that is used. This one seems to be running it fine. Yay! Now it's off to bed after a marathon blogging section (I cleared out some things I'd stored in e-mails). Good night.

No comments: