Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Put that stress level back to 'panic'

I called today to move an automatic debit that was (I thought) supposed to come out the 12th of the month to the 23rd of this one. Unfortunately, this debt, whose payment plan I set up the day after Cerys was put to sleep and during a time where I was apparently not able to make rational decisions, comes out every 4 weeks--not at a set day. So today's the day. Great. I looked up at the bank and checked with them and it is saying my available balance is $96 and some change less than it was, but the transaction is pending and isn't actually due to come through until midnight the 14th. So I've gone from being a $60 short to $160. And I did break down and spent $10.78 today on bread, peanut butter, shredded cheese, tortillas, and a ten-pound bag of potatoes. Not bad. I also am putting a few dollars in for gas. So, all told, I'm $180 short. On Wednesday, I'll be $135 short with the extra $100 that will be charged. In other words, I'm probably screwed. I did try to get overdraft protection at about $250, but since it's a loan, my credit shot it down.

So, I'm weighing my various options. My mom might be able to help. I've priced storage areas and found one that gives a 10 x 15 feet space (not climate controlled) for $105 a month, including rental of one of their trucks to haul it there. I'm looking for apartments that might accept me. And in the meantime, I'll call my mom tomorrow. But for right now, life pretty much sucks, but I'm sure it will enjoy an upturn soon. Good night.

No comments: