Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 16, 2007

I had a biopsy today

which was a little scary, but shouldn't be anything to worry about. I had this place along my collar bone that came up the last six months on my skin and it's like a shiny mole with different colours in it. Dr Terhune, the dermatologist, said that sometimes basal cell carcinoma looks like that, so she numbed the area with an injection and used a scalpel to take the biospy. It was remarkably quick. I probably won't find out the results until after Thanksgiving, but even if it is that form of carcinoma (the most common, apparently) they usually only get bigger and spread locally, rather than throughout the body like the deadlier cancers do. If it were the case they'd cut and burn it out. I have to keep this dry for 24 hours (so no shower tomorrow morning, just bathing around it) and change the dressings and apply an antibiotic cream to it for a few days, as it is technically a surgical site. Not too bad.

Other highlights: Today's radioplay was 'The Amateur Mendicant Society'. I have been listening to several since I last posted one, but got behind in writing. I'll come up with a list at some point.

I went to Taco Bell yesterday and got two $.99 1/2 pound cheesy bean and rice burritos and a $.99 caramel apple empanada. I didn't get the latter and was on my way to pick up someone, so I went after I'd gone through truck night at work. The clerk was trying to tell me that I had to have called the phone number on the receipt (which was for an online survey) within a 1/2 hour to get anything like my money or a replacement. Then the manager came up and offered me not one, but two empanada. So, they are still in my goog graces. :)

That's pretty much it. I have a non-leaky faucet in the kitchen. It had been leaking and I've called it in a couple of times but it's been overlapped, so now it's nice that it's working 100%. Washers are wonderful things, keeping water from just oozing down the faucet.

No comments: