Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 08, 2002

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I had no idea just how long it had been until I went back over my posts. Actually, I blog in spurts, apparently. I'll try to do better, really (I know, I make it sound like I'm getting points for good behaviour--I am my own worst taskmaster, after D). I've actually received complaints, which was rather sweet. But I've gotten a little too bogged down in the details of daily life, so I haven't felt like writing about them, and generally I haven't been doing my standard travelling from crisis to crisis. But blogging takes time, and at the moment I only have access to the Internet from work, so I don't want to blather on about my personal life there. But, my faithful-yet-quite-mort Acer that I had at home has found new life by donating its parts, and instead, I have a new jazzy system to play with. (256 MB of RAM! Whew! Thanks Mom & John--what a great gift for the holidays!) Hopefully I'll be able to get a broadband connexion, and then I'll blog lots. So, keep checking back, and I'll get back on track.


I checked out Zabet's blog and was somewhat disconcerted that she didn't list my presents to her and her hubby. Granted, they weren't for Christmas, they were for Yule, but...I'm sure that will all be amended. :)
In the meantime, she had a great link for checking out who you would be in The Lord of the Rings. So I went, and here is the result:

Galadriel

Galadriel

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Galadriel, Elf, Queen of Lothlorien, wife of Celeborn and grandmother of Arwen.

In the movie, I am played by Cate Blanchett.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software


This, of course, is hilariously funny when you realise I am 5'4" tall, a very solid 265 lbs, with brown hair and eyes, and in no way could be considered ethereal. But then, I guess it's more to do with spirit--I would reject the One Ring. I have no need for power. I am a librarian. We have the world at our feet!
If you don't believe me, check out the Librarian Avengers. You'll see the error of your ways....

No comments: