Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Square pegs

My friend got the cable Internet moved from the library to the living room today, and really wanted to switch rooms entirely tonight. We were thwarted by the screws on my bed, which are square recessed screws. A trip to Lowe's later, I now have a ratchet screwdriver with multiple bits, including three square ones. Of course, by the time I got that done, given that I also worked on a cover letter and job application, it was 9 pm, so we decided to just move the computer temporarily to the cedar chest and go from there, trying again tomorrow.  And I actually thought ahead and got out pants from the chest for the next two days before putting the monitor, etc., on it.   But we had taken the mattress and bunkie board off to see what the screws looked like, so I had to put them back. Also, I'm very proud of myself for extracting a square recessed screw to take to Lowe's with a Phillips screwdriver. Go me!

No comments: