Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Was watching a video of a baby seeing through glasses for the first time

He fights them when they go to put the glasses on, then his eyes light up and he smiles when he sees his parents clearly for the first time.

I remember discovering that trees were different shades of green when I saw leaves clearly for the first time. I was eight. My parents were reluctant to get me glasses because they had some weird notion that I wanted them just to have them. The school system finally convinced them my sight was 20/200 and I couldn't read the chalk board at all. That began a 42-year love-hate relationship with eyeglasses. I am so glad I have lenses that show me the world (and enable me to read and drive)!

No comments: