Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 06, 2017

I still had a little soil

and a couple of old large violet pots, so I decided to try to grow freesias, as I love the scent. They're bulbs you put in 3 inches under the top of the soil, and you can fit 12 bulbs per square foot, so I think the spacing of these should be okay. I watered them with the fish waste water and put them in the actual windowsill. I may need to stake them, as they grow a foot or more tall. I got them at Kroger for $2.99 for a box of 10, much cheaper than getting a plant, and it's a variety of colours and scents. Here's hoping they do well. I bought some freesias (my first) earlier in the year that didn't have much scent and were kind of orange, and I have those bulbs resting to reset. I'll see how I do with these, though.
Placing the bulbs (the shavings in the bowl were what they were in)
Covered up
Placed on the sill in the res of the pot
Ditto

No comments: