Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Yay!

I finished my library book, Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life, 3 hours before it expired! :) It brought up a lot of emotions for me, as I have an unhealthy relationship with food as well. A lot of it resonated with my own experience, even down to my use of audio to tune out the world and retreat in such a way as to hide from my problems. In the spirit of being more mindful, I plan on buying Intuitive Eating, the book which contributed to her experience (and which I had out from the library recently) and downloading it onto my Kindle tomorrow if I can spare $10. Also, I have been searching at home for a book that incorporates mindful eating that I have from a class I took probably 15 years ago called You Count, Calories Don't, and I finally found it today (next to a book on Eleanor of Aquitaine in the biography section--I have no idea why it was hiding there). Hopefully I can incorporate some of these principles into my own eating. I'm also checking the book UnDiet, which I had out about a year ago, again, as it's good for guiding you to a less-processed and healthier eating lifestyle.

No comments: