Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Argh!!!!

So frustrated.  My car has had intermittent starting issues.  Wednesday it wouldn't  and I actually called roadside assistance but it finally started and I did my errands with my friend in the car and the car running. Thursday I took it to a place on the way to work but their mechanic who did that was off,  so I made arrangements to bring it in today.  I took it in at 9 am, was promised it back by 1 or 2, refilled the lost paperwork out,  walked home,  and didn't hear from them and called at 1; they hadn't even looked at it.  Still no word an hour before they closed so I walked back over there.  They couldn't reproduce the problem,  so couldn't tell me anything after having my car for 6 hours. But at no point did they call to tell me. So not taking it back to Tire Discounters for anything beyond oil changes and rotations,  if that. I have a regular mechanic I trust (Kenny at Mitch's Auto),  but they're not open on weekends.  Guess I need to check and see if I have any time off left to get it fixed during the week. :(

No comments: