Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Apparently at some point in the past

I broke my wrist (so say x-rays taken a few months ago),  and I'm really feeling it today.  Fortunately,  it is my non-dominant hand,  but I use my left hand to carry things,  and to mouse with at work. Even holding a cup of water hurt today.  I'm not sure why the pain is flaring up today (I'm assuming it's arthritis from the old injury),  but it's been annoying.  I can't put any weight on it at all. It just does this sometimes.  My wrist bones look like a jumbled mass of stones rather than an orderly stack. I wore my braces while working today and will wear the night splints tonight,  which I haven't been doing lately,  so maybe that will help.


PS 3/17/16 8:09 PM--If anything, today was worse. It feels actually broken, radiating pain going up into my hand and fingers and all the way up to my shoulder, but I haven't done anything to it recently. Here's hoping it clears up soon! Sorry, I don't mean to whine, but it does really, really hurt, and ibuprofen is barely taking the edge off. If I try not wearing the brace, it's worse. At least it's bearable with that on, as it's keeping it in a neutral position. But anytime I try to grasp anything, or put the slightest pressure on it, it hurts.

No comments: