Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Feeling better today

My nose is still running and I’ve had a headache and a sore throat all day (although that last is mostly gone), but I’m not terribly tired, which is good, as I don’t have much sick time at all at work. I call in very rarely, and I always feel horrible when I do, but I need to learn that I’m not actually indispensable and sometimes you just have to take care of what’s important.

So today I was at work, and caught up on the most important stuff, and I should be able to catch up on the rest tomorrow. After work, I went and got my hair cut, for the first time in nigh on a year, I’d say. It’s a bob with some layers in the back to help my otherwise fine, thin hair poof up a bit. She put some Paul Mitchell Thicken Up (which I have here at home) on and blew dry it, and I admit that it looks better than just combing and going like I usually do.

Now I’m home, and the first thing I did after dinner was take a nice nap. It was in the 70s this afternoon, and today was mostly sunny—a great day, weather-wise. The lowest we’re supposed to have in terms of highs for the next 10 days is 66 degrees. My friends’ crocuses are blooming nicely. I’m so glad spring is putting in an appearance, even if it’s still a little while away.

So I’m free for the rest of the evening. I have plenty of stuff that should be done around here. I don’t want to do any of it. I want to curl up in bed and read for a while. I’m reading a book called Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life which is a food writer’s journey through intuitive eating. It's a Kindle book from the library. I’m several chapters in (I did manage to read yesterday for a while), and I’d like to get further in. I decided to just concentrate on getting some rest and doing something enjoyable tonight; first the nap, then some nice lemon lotion all over, now some reading. Hope you have a restful night, as well.

No comments: