Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 22, 2013

What a busy few days

much of which has been a blur, and I've come home too tired to do much. Let's see if I remember:
    Today:
  • No game; Brenda was off to an SCA event
  • Took all the trash and recyclables out
  • Straightened up the house
  • Did laundry
  • Cleaned a friend's house
  • Fixed him some dinner
  • Watched episode 5 of 'Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries' from Australia
  • Wrapped presents, with the help of a cat with a fondness for curling ribbon
  • Helped cut a friend's hair with clippers
  • Cleaned up the hair
  • Spoke to the cable company regarding some issues a friend was having with the Internet
  • Came home, put on the lights and enjoyed the ambiance
    Saturday:
  • Credit Union
  • Pharmacy
  • Grocery run
  • Watched episode 3 of 'Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries' [I'd missed that one]
  • Watched an excellent murder mystery with Diana Rigg as the sleuth ('The Mrs Bradley Mysteries')
  • Celebrated my holiday, Yule
  • Came home, listened so some music, talked on the phone with a friend, listened to the storm and wind, and fell asleep
    Friday:
  • Worked 8 1/2 hours, but left a half hour than planned after my boss told me I could go
  • Helped a friend with a project
  • Watched episode 4 of 'Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries' with friends
  • Came home, did a little housework, and fell asleep
    Thursday:
  • Worked just a little over in my attempt to make up hours at work
  • Got a few things for a friend at the grocery
  • Came home in pain and tired
  • I honestly can't remember much more
So, I've spent a lot of time with friends lately. I'm not off from work at all except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It looks to be a slow week for me at work. Here's the upcoming agenda:
    Monday:
  • Work
  • Help a friend with a project
  • Take another friend for some last-minute shopping
    Tuesday (Christmas Eve):
  • Visit my family
  • If it's going to be clear and cold, do a bit of stargazing
    Wednesday (Christmas):
  • Visit family
  • Spend some time with friends
  • Watch the 'Doctor Who' Christmas special
That's it for now. But at least the house is in decent shape and I have a couple of days off. Hope your holiday season is going well. Good night!

No comments: