Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Was up late watching movies with YKWIA

Cloud Atlas is easily the best movie I've watched in a long time, even better than Silver Linings Playbook, which was very, very good. A lot of people, I'm sure, had trouble with the shifting timelines and characters, but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. It was so detailed, was written and directed well, and let me just say kudos to the actors, each of whom brought several characters to life. I would like to read the book by David Mitchell. Here's the trailer:



We also watched the film The Bad Seed, which is from 1956 and chronicles a woman's discovery that her child is a sociopathic murderess. Now it's almost 2:30 am, I've taken him back home and I'm ready for bed. But both were thoroughly enjoyable, although each was a bit disturbing in its own way, especially the latter.

No comments: