Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Not to be a total and utter wuss

But I'm in quite a bit of pain, due to tendonitis in the elbow and shoulder, so I'm going to keep this short. Today I:
  • Voted in a special election for state senator. My candidate came in second of three, but hey, at least I voted.
  • Got caught up on all the work I was behind on at, well, work.
  • Lent an ear to someone who had to talk out their feelings regarding a family situation.
  • Stopped by the library and got a couple of books and some CDs.
  • Installed a new aquarium filter. The fish are SO much happier. Thanks Amazon!
  • Watched several episodes of 'The Big Bang Theory' with YKWIA because 'The Originals' and 'Supernatural' were preempted by Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.
  • Heated up a microwavable bandage for my elbow numerous times tonight. It does help. If only I could take care of the shoulder as well. First thing to get when I get paid Thursday--a heating pad. I had one that was my grandmother's, and probably it was about 40 years old. I think I gave it to Goodwill, damn the bad luck. But for now I'll keep with the microwavable things. They're like the rice-in-the-sock sort of thing, except there's a velcro strap for affixing it around the affected joint.
  • Came home running on my gas light the whole way. I have $7 for gas tomorrow, before I get paid. Here's hoping I don't get vapour lock or something similar tonight--it's in the low 20s right now (Fahrenheit) and it's supposed to go down pretty far. I usually try to keep at least a half a tank of gas in the car for cold weather. Wish me luck.
Okay, enough typing already. Have a good night.

No comments: