Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I worked from 7:15 am-5:15 pm today, trying to make up some time

for leaving early yesterday, since I have minimal PTO and three holidays coming up on which it must be spent. If I go in early tomorrow and maybe Friday, I can make up the time without tapping that. But boy, what a long day. I'm doing better with the pain and am more productive, but the last couple of days have been very busy in clinic and I've had a lot of data entry to do. I know that's not a really physical job, but just staring at the computer monitor and clicking I find draining after awhile. Because I was kind of glued to my desk for awhile, I got my back messed up (I really try to watch my posture, but I have a tendency to slump), and so by the time I left work my arm, shoulders, and back were hurting terribly. I came home, ate something, and then decided I had to get away from the computer for awhile. I went back into the bedroom and turned on the heating pad and listened to Ed Sheeran for awhile. I woke up and at first thought my phone said 1:40 in the morning and sort of panicked (keep in mind I'm blind as a bat without my glasses), then looked again and it was 8:40. I'd still slept for two and a half hours, though, I was so tired.

I got up and took some medicine and did some straightening up around the house. I have a lot of trash and recyclables to take out, but I think I'll wait until the morning. There's still quite a bit to do, but it does look better. But I just don't think I can carry everything out right now. My arm is experiencing a mixture of pain and numbness. So I think I'm going to go back to the bedroom, get comfortable, and read until it eases up a bit, and then see if I can put the laundry away, etc. (The laundry I did two weeks ago, mind you. And there's dirty laundry collecting on the floor of my bedroom that really needs to go into its hampers.)

No comments: