Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Highlights of today

  • Work wsa a bit slow. Tomorrow should be a good day for things I don't normally have time for; a lecture is going on at the hospital, so no clinic or surgeries, hence not much in the way of data entry to do. Perhaps I'll finally get some of those boxes out of the library. I normally take off on this occasion, but simply don't have the personal time to do so this time.
  • Picked up my shoes and orthoses from the foot surgeon's office. I am now officially considered healed, being followed up on a yearly basis due to my diabetes, but the ankle/foot injury is officially in the past. Yay! And the new orthoses are soft and cushioned, and I think once I break them in they'll be much better for my feet, especially to start exercising by walking.
  • Took a friend and his dog to the vet and got her situated so hopefully she'll be feeling better.
  • Watched the second episode of 'Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries'.
  • Watched the holiday episode of 'The Big Bang Theory'
  • Watched most of The Princess and the Frog. It was actually better than I expected.
Now I'm home. I'd planned to clean house tonight but spent the evening with my friends instead. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. But I didn't take the Icy Hot with me today and I've been in a lot of pain all day, so I think I'm going to go into the bedroom, get comfy with the heating pad (good thing it turns off on its own after awhile), and maybe read for a bit. I've got to get up early and take a friend to work. :) Good night.

No comments: