Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I just returned from getting something from the laundry room

and my whole apartment smells like falafel. I came home (thanks, Brandon, for the ride on a rainy, icky day) and made some, then laid down and napped for a bit. I hurt all over (did I mention rain), especially in my hips, which woke me up. So I got up, took some ibuprofen, and decided to do some stuff on the computer.

The next few days will be a combination of busy and slow. A friend is cooking a dinner Saturday that sounds like it will be to die for. Sunday is the 'Doctor Who' Christmas special. Oh, and Christmas, for those who celebrate. Either Sunday or Monday I'm going to go over to a friend's and make latkes for Chanukah. Next week I'm going to visit my mom and grandmother too. I thought it would be better to do it post-holiday, so we can get more visiting in--Thanksgiving was just too overwhelming for me. At work, though, there are a lot of people on vacation and almost nothing going on. I have a couple of projects to work on, but it's going to be mind-boggling slow.

My holiday is over, of course, with the sundown. I'm considering taking the lights and ornaments off the little rosemary tree already to make sure it lives. :) But it worked pretty well.

I think I'll do that now. If I don't post again tonight, have a great night. And no matter what holiday you celebrate, I hope it's full of peace and laughter, and a safe one at that.

No comments: