Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last night

I watched Dark City: The Director's Cut. I've seen the movie before, and I really liked it, but really thought this was particularly good. Today I'll return it to Netflix. I've already returned The Kings's Speech, which was my holiday bonus DVD. Next in the queue is another movie with Jennifer Connelly (she played Helen/Anna in Dark City. This one is A Beautiful Mind).

This morning I'm waiting for a friend to take me to the bank and then to work, and then I'll work my last day of the old year (I took off tomorrow). Then it's holiday shopping, something I had to put off this year. Should be fun. I dressed in light clothes today to make sure the bus would see me on my many stops tonight. I'm in khaki/gold, a colour I don't normally wear but was given clothes in that and it will be very visible. On a lark I went through my jewelry box (I only for the most part have silver jewelry). I'm wearing my class ring from high school, which is amazing as I got it when I was about 100 lbs lighter, and it's loose enough to move around on my finger. I have a unicorn pin and unicorn earring that I made into a pendant (the latter is cloisonne), and then I have my original earrings, the ones that I had my ears pierced in. In other words, everything I'm wearing I got as a teen or early adult, and haven't worn for years.

After the shopping I have to do some laundry and the dishes and work on the game notes, since we are gaming on New Year's, yay! So it'll be a long day. Hope yours is fun.

No comments: