Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I feel like myself again

Yesterday I was still in trip anxiety mode a bit, and felt beaten down and just almost hung over. Can you get jetlag on one hour difference in timezone? But I had two flights in two days, and lots of new stuff to absorb, so I guess it makes sense.

This morning it's warm (high 50s) and raining. It doesn't feel like December at all. I usually feel more in the holiday spirit with a little warm-up (having grown up in warm places like the deep South and the California desert for at least half of my childhood, where a dusting of snow was a rarity and meant days off from school). But not this time.

We're having a department meeting today where we're having a holiday meal from Texas Roadhouse. I have visions of salmon dancing in my head. Then tomorrow is the big holiday dinner for the hospital, where everyone brings homemade desserts and they provide the rest. I thought about making pumpkin cheesecake, but 1) I'd have to take it on the bus, 2) I'm going to be busy tonight and don't have time to get the ingredients and a springform pan, and 3) I love pumpkin cheesecake but shouldn't eat it myself due to the diabetes. So I think I'll skip again this year.

I'm going in to work early so I can leave a half-hour early. Have a great day.

No comments: