Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Revenge of tendonitis

Okay, I can't say my tendonitis ever really totally went away, but there were several weeks after the orthotics arrived that I did not have much foot pain, to the point where I could walk without hobbling.

But the last couple of weeks it has gotten worse. I don't know if it's the fact I'm standing about 33 hours a week, or if my shoes need replacing, or a combination of both. My feet are supinating much more, and of course the shoe stretches to accommodate and then there's no resistance, and my tendons get overly strained. I may have to get new shoes, even though these are only three months old. I think it's time I went back to the podiatrist.

I promise I won't go on and on about it, but I did hobble home tonight. And they still hurt at rest. Ouch.

No comments: