Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving kind of slow this morning, but up

I woke up about 6 am but kept going in and out of sleep. The alarm went off at 7 but I finally got up at 8, which is still early for me. My blood sugar is 310 and I feel a little wonky. So I've taken my meds and I'm eating a sandwich with peanut butter and a little spreadable fruit for breakfast, and drinking a Diet Pepsi to get some caffeine in my system.

Today I'm off from both jobs. I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist at 10:30 for my twice-yearly check on my eye pressure, with tends to be a little high. They usually dilate my eyes and take a picture of the optic nerve, too. I need to get a regular exam because I'm on the last of my contacts, but couldn't do it today because of the dilation.

My main errand today is that I need to get ink for my printer and since I have a coupon for 20% off from Office Max due to where I work (it only lasts for three days), I'm going out for that. I also need to pay bills today, but that I can do at home, since most are via the computer.

I'm also going to work on a cover letter for a job opportunity here in Lexington. It's a medical/academic library position for a small nursing college. I'd be under another librarian (whereas I'm a solo now), but it would be doing mainly interlibrary loan, which is probably the most important aspect of my job now, and I'm very good at finding articles and getting them. It would be full-time, the main office is very close to where I live (I could walk), and although it does mean travelling once a month out of city, I could rent a car for that until I could afford one of my own. So I feel pretty confident about that. I revamped my résumé yesterday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

A. Patrick Jonas, MD said...

Good luck on your job quest!