Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So I'll just get up early

Last night was a bust in terms of my list, not surprisingly. I napped, and I blogged, and actually used my oven, but didn't get anything else accomplished. This morning I've gotten up early and have already put the laundry in. The machine in the laundry room actually had Diet Pepsi in it, so I'm having a bit of caffeine and will cook some Irish oatmeal in a little while. According to one of the books I was reading last night, my timing is off on eating. I usually check my blood sugar, take my medicine, and have a bagel and cream cheese or a Pop-Tart as soon as I get into work. But I eat with the other women at 11:30 am. So it's too close together (and yes, I know the two choices above are not particularly good and that I need some protein...I'll need to find something that would be better, since our breakfast closes at 9:30 at the hospital (and is mostly meat in terms of protein anyway). Maybe Maybe get some bagels and just eat half of one with peanut butter about 7 in the morning? I seem to recall 1/2 a bagel being an exchange.

I've cleaned part of the living room, where the computer is. I'm going to check the news while the laundry goes.

I'm also up early so that I can vote. I know my choices for several offices, although city council's the one I have to find out more about, so I'll poke about for that. Otherwise I'm ready. A is going to call about 7:30 or 8 to check and make sure I'm awake. :)

No comments: