Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dennis Hopper on art



It's good to see someone who appreciates art not just for the investment, or air of sophistication that can be derived from collection, but really, because he likes art and finds in it inspiration that can be applied to his own life. Dennis Hopper is best known for the film Easy Rider, something I've never seen but was very much iconic in my mother and father's generation. The actor and director died today of advanced prostate cancer. I only saw two of his films--True Grit and Speed--but I certainly knew the name. (Believe it or not, I have neither seen Rebel Without a Cause or Apocalypse Now, both major motion pictures and true classics. That's something I should probably change.)

Here's more on his life, and death:
Dennis Hopper's influential career came full-circle

No comments: