Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shortest note session ever

It only took me a little over an hour to distill five hours' worth of game play down into the essentials. That means I can get some sleep before going over to my friend's house, but I'm afraid I'll oversleep again, putting me behind on game preparations. I think I'll set the new alarm clock, my cell phone, and the large manual alarm clock of doom.

If I sound anxious, well, the last 24 hours have been very anxious ones. Last night when I left work, the computer said I was $100 short. I fretted over where that money could have gone, and didn't sleep well. This morning I found out the money was there all along, but I'd hit the wrong button on the cash register and that had caused the discrepancy.

I applied for a great job last night (at the last minute) and was still upset from the cash shortage, and I wrote a very generic, not great cover letter. I'm good at résumés, but I really suck at cover letters and put off things because marketing myself is something that does not come easily to me. I had the résumé finished two weeks ago. Because I put it off, the application went through at 12:01, technically putting it past the deadline, so I may have just shot myself in the foot once again.

It's a really good job at the local university, a full-time medical reference librarian position with faculty status. I know several of the people who work there, including the director, so hopefully the ho-hum cover letter will be offset by that. Wish me luck. I could really use it.

After work today I went and got some medicine, came home and caught up on the news, and slept for a couple of hours, and talked to YKWIA on the phone for awhile, so I feel better now. I was just feeling like I didn't have enough time in the world to do everything I need to do, but I'm finished with all for now. But tomorrow starts very early, so I guess I'll lay down for awhile and see if I can get some rest. Good night.

No comments: