Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Bad librarian, no cookie

I missed the first bus to work this morning, so I dropped all my borrowed items off at the library before catching the next one. Only one problem: I came home tonight to find a message from the library saying that one of the CDs I returned was missing disc 1. It was still in my CD player. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow as soon as they open?

Over all it was a good day. We had a free lunch at work that I forwent since it was hamburgers and hot dogs. I appreciate that the group sponsored the meal, but the only thing I could have eaten that was vegetarian was a cheese sandwich and maybe some potato salad if it was the kind without bacon. The line was very long, so I slipped in the other way to examine the salad bar. There were some chopped eggs, but no tuna, so I decided to order pizza instead, forgetting that it was Tuesday, the day that Papa John's delivers to schools, so it took a little over an hour to arrive. It was good, however. They have a five-topping anniversary special for just $9.99.

On the way to work at the store I stopped by the grocery to see if they had any bus passes, since mine expires today. No such luck. I'll have to use dollars tomorrow and then go downtown Thursday and get one.

Work was actually pretty fun. I love working with Teressa. One of my co-workers sadly had her car throw a rod today, so she's in the same boat that I am, but it's worse because she lives all the way in Richmond, about 30 minutes away from Lexington.

We had quite a rainstorm with hail that fortunately waited until I was inside and at work before hitting. People swarmed under our canopy to keep their cars from getting hit. The hail was about the size of crabapples. I think people got out of the rain as soon as possible, and it slowed down considerably after they got in and settled, but I was quite busy, especially with money orders, before that.

We got our quality assurance inspection tonight and passed with a 100%. That's five months in a row. That adds to our bonus, yay! We should be getting a bonus the third week of September, so I guess that would be next week. Double yay! Bonus cheques are normally about 1 1/2 to 2 times my normal or so.

The only bad thing about today was that I was in a lot of pain due to the tendonitis. I finally broke down and took some ibuprofen, which knocked it down to painful-but-able-to-move. I really may have to go back to Dr Rooney. I hate to think what she'd do about two ankles with tendonitis. Two surgical boots? Crutches? But it's not getting better; it's just getting worse. I have an appointment with my primary doctor next Monday. I'll see what he thinks. I really don't want to have limitations that could keep me from working at the store, but working through the pain isn't really doing so well. The braces help a little bit, but not much. The stretches she gave me help the best. I'm getting very good at tracing the letters of the alphabet with my foot. :)

It is so nice to come home to such a cleaner house. It's much more restful. I'm glad YKWIA challenged me to actually get some work done rather than just talking about how I needed to work on the house.

No comments: