Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Okay, not surprisingly--

although I did get up a half-hour early, it wasn't enough time to actually do laundry. But I did discover that a co-worker had given me not one but three dressy outfits that were still in a bag from when the car went down. There are two pairs of khaki and one pair of brown dress pants, a brown pinstriped dress shirt, a khaki-and-brown flower motif shirt, and a white shirt with brown and khaki dot patterns (which I'm wearing now). The nice thing is I had been dubious because they were a size down from what I've been wearing--but they fit. I must remember to weigh myself today. I have notice several of my pants have been really loose on me lately (one pair actually fell down when I was at home the other day--note to not wear those out in public).

The clothes aren't my general style, but on the other hand, I do wear brown as an alternative to purple sometimes. Although most of my jewelry is silver rather than gold, I have my grandmother's dangling heart earrings, a Victorian penny I also got after her death, and a knotted gold bracelet my mother gave me to wear with the outfits, so I feel rather 'together' in terms of outfit. I am wearing my brown sandals, though. But they'd do well with dress shoes, too. And my purse is black and brown, so it's multi-functional.

Okay, it's off to the bus. It looks like rain, which I didn't think we were supposed to have, but I carry an umbrella for emergencies. My umbrella is bright pink and doesn't in any way go with the outfit, but I'd rather be seen by the traffic and the bus driver than resort to fashion. :)

Thanks, Teressa, for the outfits!

No comments: