Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 21, 2009

Thrilling

Last night I got home very late (after both game and giant grocery run) and was both very tired and keyed up because we finally reached the climax/conclusion to the insidious Utatti Asfet campaign module for Call of Cthulhu. Okay, granted, my character had her head split open from an ushbati soldier with a bronze sword, but there's every bit of hope that she'll get better. And another character was sidelined three-fourths of the way through due to asp bites after having been riddled with bullets half-way through. So my characters have definitely been in the line of fire this campaign. Through it we went through Tonga, New Orleans, the Sudan, and back again, ran afoul of Homeland Security, dealt with mummies, flying monkeys, and a cultist with lots of money and substantial magics.

But we saved the world, anyway.

There were some missteps, but we came through in the end and even resisted Great Cthulhu's offer to help. That's something.

But I'm glad it's over. Hopefully we'll have time to recover and have some downtime. I know those of you who have never played a pencil-and-paper roleplaying game, or know HP Lovecraft's Mythos probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but it was quite exciting and satisfying, and I do this for fun every week--dealing with fictional apocalypses. :)

Tonight it's over to a friend's for the 'Heroes' premiere. Yay!

PS My friend is having issues with Commodo (the anti-virus program) detecting a trojan virus when this page loads. I can't duplicate it either at home or at the library. Is anyone else having any trouble? Please comment if you are! It may be one of the javascript gadgets, but for the life of me, I don't know where to begin, save removing them one at a time. But I can't detect it, even though I have an up-to-date Commodo on my machine as well, so there you are. I think it may be time to e-mail Google. Thanks!

No comments: