Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 03, 2009

What a long but lovely day

Today I went to Bardstown, Kentucky, where we ate at the Old Talbott Tavern and then went to the Nelson County Public Library for a meeting of the Kentucky Medical Library Association.

The meeting went very well. KMLA is the result of the merger of two organisations and finally has a by-laws in place. The criteria for membership was the main topic and had the potential to be divisive (the outlooks of the two groups in terms of mission had been very different), but instead everyone spoke up and a good consensus was reached.

Bardstown and the surrounding countryside were very picturesque, and it was nice to get out of Lexington for a change. Thanks, Mary, for the ride.

Then I went to a friend's home and did a lot of stuff with him, and took a taxi home with a great cabbie who took the shortest/cheapest route and was very personable. I took his card to have for later. Now I'm at home eating and enjoying some Mike's Harder Cranberry Lemonade, which is only 8% alcohol and I've had half a can, but I'm a little buzzed. Did I mention I don't hold alcohol well? I hate to think what I'd do with something really strong. Fortunately I know this, rarely drink, and stop at one, two at the most. And of course, I only drink when there's no chance I'll be driving.

I think I'll find out what happened today in the world and maybe write some more if something strikes me, but I'm also tired and sleepy, so I don't want to stay up too late. So if I don't see anything blogworthy, good night.

No comments: