Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Tired and sore

It's been awhile since I pulled a 10-hour shift at the store. Some days I technically work 12 hours between the two jobs, but the library is mostly a sit down job, whereas I'm on my feet all the time at the store.

The foot I broke last year is really hurting, and I can't really bend it at all. I hope I haven't refractured it. It was my weight and standing that gave me the stress fracture before. I'm sure rest will help. At least that's what I tell myself. :) Maybe the fact is I'm getting older and things are breaking down. I used to be able to stock a cooler without my shoulders hurting afterwards.

In other words, I feel like a little old lady tonight with lots of aches and pains.

Speaking of little old ladies, we had the nicest older couple come in today. I'd say both were in their late 80s to early 90s, fragile but active and still with it, just a little hard of hearing. Assuming they got married when they were young, can you imagine spending that much time with someone over the years? Wow.

Okay, enough about me. I'm going to go looking for something to comment on.

No comments: