Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 15, 2009

I think I may have found the secret for good rest and getting up early

Keeping my bedroom light on.

Last night, like most nights this week, I have come home very tired, meaning to blog, but ready to crash. Usually it's been in the comfy chair, or just straight to bed with some vague idea of blogging in the morning, then oversleeping. One day this week I was almost half an hour late to work because of that. I've been going to bed about 3 am, and it's playing havoc with my sleep (not to mention my work on the game notes). Last night I meant to just lay down 'for a few minutes' with my CPAP on, but get up and blog. I woke up at 6 am, the overhead light still blazing, feeling fairly rested. Granted I stayed in bed until about 8:45, savouring the comfiness of my mattress and sleeping for another 20 minutes or so several times before waking up again. But when I did get up, I was not slow and ponderous, but at the same time unrushed.

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. Now you know why. I'll try to do more in the coming week. But I guess between working 48 hours, visiting friends and helping them out, and trying to do the notes, I'm not really going to get much sleep either the rest of this week or next week either. We'll see.

No comments: